Watermelon Feta Cheese Salad By: Dr.Sonia Goel

Watermelon Feta Cheese Salad



Hey, everyone!! I am Dr. Sonia Goel from Health First Kart and today I am here with a really great, simple and very fresh salad recipe which is perfect for summer, spring or any time of the year. My today’s salad is ‘Watermelon Feta Salad’.

Watermelon is not only perfect for a sunny day but it is actually good for you and let me tell you why. Watermelons, as the name suggests, has around 90% of water. So, the other 10% has to be pretty important right. Well!! First of all, let’s not discount the importance of water. I mean you’ve got a food that helps you hydrate.

Let’s focus on the 10% and look at its vitamin content. A watermelon contains plenty of vitamin A, B6, and C. About two cups of diced watermelon contain over 30% of your vitamin A and 25% of your vitamin C for the day. And most importantly you are getting something called ‘Lycopene’ which are naturally occurring chemicals that give fruit and vegetables a red color. It is a type of pigment in the carotenoid family. They are powerful antioxidants that help to protect cells from damage.

Now, a standard watermelon has about six to five milligrams of lycopene which makes the watermelon an anti-inflammatory fruit full of antioxidant. A study done in 2014 showed that amino acids like Citrulline and Arginine in watermelon help to reduce muscle soreness and blood circulation. And that makes watermelon a favorite of all fitness freaks.

So, l think it’s enough with the nutritional benefits of watermelon. Now, let’s move on to the recipe, shall we? In this salad I’ve used:


  • A large chopped fresh watermelon
  • One cup of chopped Cucumber
  • One cup of chopped Basil leaves
  • One cup of chopped Mint leaves
  • Rock Salt (According to taste)
  • Lemon Juice (According to taste)
  • Vegan Feta Cheese

This is a quite simple recipe but full of deliciousness.  In a large bowl, toss the watermelon cubes, mint leaves, and basil leaves altogether. Mix it with two forks until the herbs are evenly distributed. Then, add a teaspoon of rock salt or any amount according to your taste and then finish it by adding lemon juice. The amount of lemon juice is also up to you because it depends on how savory you want your salad to be.


Now, it’s time to add Vegan Feta Cheese. I prefer my vegan version of Feta cheese as it is much healthier than regular Feta cheese and is a lot preferable among those who are lactose intolerant.
Crumble them with your hands and add it into the over the salad. It somewhat looks like “Turkish Delight” as you add white feta cheese over the red watermelon. So, it looks extra appealing as you add feta cheese.


So, that it guys…Your salad is done. Now you can enjoy it by eating in a wooden bowl or in the watermelon shell itself.  

And that’s all. I hope you like my salad recipe. Hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I did.
You can also check out my Chunky MonkeyTropical Pineapple, GreenBlack Plum smoothie and Quinoa salad.


You can also see my watermelon feta salad video. 

Till then, take care and thrive.
You can follow me on Facebook, InstagramTwitterLinkedIn, and Google plus to get the regular updates of my blogs and other recipes. You can also watch my other food videos on my YouTube channel. Make sure to subscribe and hit the bell icon to get updates of my other videos.

Comments

Popular Posts