Black Plum(Jamun) Smoothie By Dr.Sonia Goel

Black Plum(Jamun) Smoothie

By Dr.Sonia Goel


Hey Everybody, In today’s blog post I am sharing with you a very favorite smoothie of mine "Black Plum Smoothie”. And as I am from India, here locally people call it ‘Jamun’, so ‘Jamun Smoothie’ for my Indian readers.

I am Dr. Sonia Goel, the from Health First Kart and this is a continuation of my smoothie recipe blogs.

So, let’s talk about this smoothie recipe. This smoothie is anti-inflammatory, immune boosting, and low calorie. And trust me guys, it’s going to be delicious.

Let me tell you a bit about this Black Plum which is a key ingredient in this recipe.  

Black Plum or Jamun fruit is a summer fruit which is associated with various health and medicinal benefits.  This fruit is alkaline, carminative, antiscorbutic and diuretic. This fruit contains a pigment called anthocyanins and that has anti-inflammatory properties.

This fruit also has many vital nutrients and some are quite rare. It is loaded with natural sugars like glucose and fructose, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, riboflavin, vitamin C, niacin and I can go on and on, the list will not stop.

So, basically, this fruit is great for lowering your blood pressure and glycemic index which is also great if you are trying to inhibit blood sugar spikes.

This little fruit is amazing with full of benefits and wide vibrant story and I am will be preparing a smoothie out of it.

Therefore, without further due, let’s focus on the ingredients we required for making this smoothie:


  • Two Cups of Yoghurt
  • One Cup of Almond Milk
  • One tablespoon of honey or Stevia
  • Ice Cubes
  • And a large cup of chopped Black Plum Fruit

Dear Friends, now it’s time to grab our blender. In a blender cup, add ice cubes, almond milk, two cups of yogurt, one tablespoon of honey and last but not least the big cup of Black Plum fruit

Remember this sequence and try to follow the same when making your own smoothie because it will give you the right thick consistency.

Churn the smoothie for about 20 seconds and transfer it to a clean dry bowl.

Now it’s time to garnish. I always love to garnish my smoothie with my set of ‘super seeds’ to make it extra delicious and healthy. The seeds I used for garnish are sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds.


And that’s all. I hope you like my smoothie recipe. Hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I did.

You can also check out my Chunky Monkey and Tropical Pineapple Smoothie.

Till then, take care and thrive.
You can follow me on Facebook, InstagramTwitterLinkedIn, and Google plus to get the regular updates of my blogs and other recipes. You can also watch my other food videos on my YouTube channel. Make sure to subscribe and hit the bell icon to get updates of my other videos.

Comments

Popular Posts