Chunky Monkey Smoothie Recipe By Dr. Sonia Goel

Chunky Monkey Smoothie Recipe

By Dr. Sonia Goel


Dear ones, I’ve got an amazing smoothie recipe for you and it’s called “Chunky Monkey Smoothie”.
And no, there’s definitely some chunkiness in it but any kind of ‘monkey’ involved in it. And this recipe I call it ‘slim fit’ chunky monkey because it’s awesome if you are looking for burning fat and losing weight. So, it’s a go-to recipe for health freaks out there.

As, it’s a skinny version of the smoothie, it’s going to be a little different than your regular smoothie recipe. Therefore, without further do, let’s look at the ingredients involved in this recipe:

    

  •      One banana (frozen is more preferable)
  •      Half a cup of greek yogurt
  •      One tablespoon of peanut butter
  •      1 tablespoons of dried blueberries
  •      1 tablespoons of dried cranberries
  •      Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  •      1 teaspoon of Dark Chocolate chip
  •      1 teaspoon of White Chocolate chip
  •      Pumpkin Seeds
  •      Sunflower Seeds
  •      Chia Seeds
And like any smoothie the process is easy. Put it in the blender and churn, churn and churn. But here’s the secret of making an amazing smoothie, first start with the liquid. And trust me I have made this mistake so many times and learned it in a hard way. So, in that way, things can get really going into your blender.

Once you’ve got into blending, and if things are not looking the right consistency for you then just add in a couple of ice cubes. Once you are done with the blending, transfer it into a bowl and garnish it with sunflower, pumpkin and chia seeds. And as it is a chocolate base smoothie, how can we forget the chocolate chips.


And speaking of chunky, I love my smoothie to be extra chunky so I’ve added some dried cranberries, dried blueberries, bananas, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds along with the garnish. So, that’s it, the chunky monkey smoothie is ready to eat. 

Health Fact: Here I want an add a few health facts of these awesome ingredients. Do you know that banana is believed to lower depression because it contains ample amount of serotonin and oxytocin? 

Banana also contains B12 and Iron which helps you to fight anemia. Hope you’ve enjoyed my recipe of healthy chunky monkey smoothie.  
You can also see my Chunky Monkey Smoothie Recipe Video along with Cherry Berry and Tropical Smoothie Recipe. 

You can follow me on Facebook, InstagramTwitterLinkedIn, and Google plus to get the regular updates of my blogs and other recipes. You can also watch my other food videos on my YouTube channel. Make sure to subscribe and hit the bell icon to get updates of my other videos.

Comments

Popular Posts