Refreshing Infused Water Recipe By Dr. Sonia Goel

Refreshing Infused Water Recipe

By Dr. Sonia Goel


Hello Dear Friends!! It’s Dr. Sonia again and today I am here to share with you my five favorite fruit infused water recipe. Now, I know that the fruit infused waters are not a new concept but for me they are. And I am absolutely in love with them. It’s a really easy way to add some fun and flair to regular boring water and it makes it a whole lot easier to stay hydrated when you know that your water is going to be jam-packed with flavor and vitamins.

So, there is really no specific recipe you need to follow here. What I like do is…I grab my Mason Jars. I fill them about a third or halfway through with whatever flavors I am using. Then I pack I some ice and fill the rest up with water. 

But let me tell you that you can do this with any jar and insert any flavor or combinations you like. 

Here, you are the painter and it’s your canvas. So, feel free to get creative. You can make it work with whatever it is you have on your hand.
In this blog post my six Infused Water recipes are:
  • Mango, Ginger & Mint Mix
  • Watermelon & Coconut Water Mix
  • Lemon, Cucumber &Mint Mix
  • Strawberry and Basil Mix
  • Apple & Cinnamon Mix
  • Pineapple and Jalapeño Mix

Mango, Ginger Mint Mix


In this mix, ginger and mint are where the concentrated fresh flavor lies. So, to start up grab your mason jar. Add the slices of mango, minced mint leaves and a pinch of ginger paste. Toss some ice cube in it and fill the water up to the brim.

Watermelon & Coconut Water Mix


This is my second infused water mix. In your jar, put a few chunks of chilled watermelon and fill the jar with coconut water. Here, I am using coconut water instead of regular water as it provides extra sets of nutrients like Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Magnesium, and Manganese. Coconut water also contains high levels of Sodium (Na++ ions) which helps to lower blood pressure. So, fill the jar up to the brim and pop some ice cubes to maintain the coldness.

Lemon, Cucumber and Mint Mix


My third recipe might taste a little bitter at first but trust me guys it is extremely healthy and full of healthy nutrients. In the jar, add few slices of lemon, thin slices of cucumber and some finely chopped mint leaves. Toss some ice cubes and fill the fill the jar with water.

Strawberry & Basil Mix


This is one of the most visually appealing and delicious mixes that I like. For this mix, you’ll need fresh and ripe strawberries and fresh basil leaves. Cut small chunks of strawberries and put them in the jar add freshly chopped basil, toss some ice cubes and mill the mix with water. Strawberry contains essential nutrients like folate (Vit B9), manganese and Vitamin C which plays a very important role in developing our immune system.

Apple Cinnamon Mix


This is my second last recipe in the list of infused water. Here, take the some sliced fresh apple and put it in the jar. Place a whole cinnamon stick and put it with the apple slice. Toss some ice cubes and fill the water jar with water. The main flavor in this mix is of cinnamon stick. Cinnamon contains iron, vitamin K, and antioxidants which help to prevent deadly disease like cancer.

Pineapple and Jalapeño Mix


My last recipe of infused water in this list and one of my most favorite mix of mine; Pineapple Jalapeño mix. For this mix add few slices of pineapple and pickled jalapeño in a jar. Toss some ice cubes and pour water in the jar. Here, Jalapeño adds up the extra spicy flavor in the mix which makes it more delicious to drink. Jalapeno contains Vit A, B6, and C.

Tip: Consume this drink after at least 4 hours of preparation so that the flavors get inserted into the drink.

Another interesting tip about this infused water recipe is that you get a big jar of water, so you’re staying properly hydrated. And then when you are done drinking you’ve got a yummy little fruit snack on the bottom.
And there you go guys, your Infused water Mixes are ready. Hope you’ve enjoyed it as much as I did.
Till then, take care and thrive.

You can follow me on Facebook, InstagramTwitterLinkedIn, and Google plus to get the regular updates of my blogs and other recipes. You can also watch my other food videos on my YouTube channel. Make sure to subscribe and hit the bell icon to get updates of my other videos.


Comments

Popular Posts